Galactic Senate Detachment
The Rebel Legion Galactic Senate Detachment (RLGS) is the dignitary Detachment of the Rebel Legion. The RLGS is responsible for maintaining and advising the Legion command on costume standards for Royalty and Senatorial costumes from the Rebel Alliance, Galactic Republic and New Republic, and providing the Legion with qualified individuals for the approval of all future dignitary costumes. The members of the RLGS also help new costumers work towards finishing dignitary costumes, and advise on any changes needed to the standards of all costumes falling under the detachment.
You can read the Detachment Charter here.
As of 2020, the Galactic Senate has over 400 members, and 26 Delegations.
Formed in November 2007, under the leadership of founding member Becca Kraning (padme911) as the Detachment Commanding Officer with Mary Alice Ladd (Queen Amidala) as the first Detachment Executive Officer. The following individuals have served as RLGS leaders since the detachment’s founding:
2007-2008: padme911 (DCO) & Queen Amidala (DXO)
2008-2009: padme911 (DCO) & LeiaYT1300 (DXO)
2009-2010: padme911 (DCO) & Mieal Deneb (DXO)
2010-2011: Mieal Deneb (DCO) & Princess Sandy (DXO)
2011-2012: Princess Sandy (DCO) & RebelSenator (DXO)
2012-2014: RebelSenator (DCO) & Princess Leah (DXO)
2014-2015: SongofAmazon (DCO) & KyloRen (DXO)
2015-2020: SongofAmazon (DCO) & Lora Skywalker (DXO)
2020-2021: bekahsoka (DCO) & naberrie (DXO)
2021-2020: naberrie (DCO) & Nebreyska (DXO)
Royalty/Senatorial Costumes that fall under the RLGS:
- Padmé Amidala Naberrie
- Princess Leia Organa
- Old & New Republic Royalty
- Old & New Republic Senators
- Senate Guards, other Royal Guards, & Dignitary Bodyguards
- Other Dignitaries & Individuals Serving in Governance
To join the detachment
If you wish to join the Galactic Senate detachment, all you need is a Star Wars dignitary costume approved by the Rebel Legion. Just follow these steps:
- Assemble a dignitary costume according to the Rebel Legion costume standards. If the costume you want to make doesn’t have a costume standard yet, don’t worry! Just collect your reference images and make your costume as close to the original as possible. Remember to share your images with the judges when you submit your costume for approval. You can also share your research and your progress for feedback on the Royalty/Senatorial sub-forum.
- Register for an account on the Rebel Legion forums and submit your costume via the “My Costumes” link near the top. Remember to check that all of your photo links work before submitting.
- Celebrate when your costume is approved!
- Post a link to your approved dignitary costume in the RLGS sign-up thread. One of the RLGS leaders will add you to our usergroup on the forums and then you will be able to access the RLGS sub-forum.